The Cause

As the last chapter of my time spent in Wales I'll be doing a 10 day long sponsored cycle (5-15 May) round the country (approx. 1000 kilometres) to support Tŷ Hafan, a Wales based charity.

They offer comfort, care and support to life-limited children, young people and their families, helping them make the most of the time they have left together.

You can sponsor my round-trip in Wales here:

https://www.justgiving.com/jozsefracz

Monday 5 May 2014

Brecon

On the road again! Today I cycled the shortest distance of the trip - good for a warm-up and to test everything. First, my nice Welsh flag fell off - picked it up; then, my water bottle - picked it up; then the whole pannier rack - fixed it up. After all that happened, I managed to leave Cardiff. :)

proud of my nice flag.

With the wind behind me the first thing that could stop me on Route 8 was a super-tight, one-way passage - I was on the 'give way' side. Behind that short road were hiding all the hills of Brecon Beacons. The wind wasn't strong enough to help there; the up-n-downs stopped me a few times. Twice I had to push the bike, once go mud-surfing on a temporary chunk of the Taff Trail, and do 2 extra climbs because I got lost.
Today's fun expedition cycling wasn't the only reason why this leg took me 6 hours. Cycling through Brecon Beacons is also hard without slowing down and being amazed by the stunning landscape (another reason for having a break there is the thought that I have a box of my Hannah's delicious flapjacks in my bag).
After a very warm welcome and a refreshing warm shower at a fellow cyclist couple's house in Brecon, here are some spots that you shouldn't miss out on!


at the tight lane with my travel-buddy LostnFound Bunny

levitating lake







No cyclist-blogger can avoid these road-pictures.

Traffic jam in Wales


shephard style


hmm, this just simply cool



Good night from Brecon, the place where I am having my first (brilliant) Warmshowers experience!

3 comments:

  1. nagyon szep, remelem amikor toltad a bajst kozben orditottal ahogy azt kell:) kitartas, I support you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 éljen Joci! szeret aLea

    ReplyDelete