The Cause

As the last chapter of my time spent in Wales I'll be doing a 10 day long sponsored cycle (5-15 May) round the country (approx. 1000 kilometres) to support Tŷ Hafan, a Wales based charity.

They offer comfort, care and support to life-limited children, young people and their families, helping them make the most of the time they have left together.

You can sponsor my round-trip in Wales here:

https://www.justgiving.com/jozsefracz

Friday 9 May 2014

Machynlleth+The sheep thing

On the fifth day I started my way back to Cardiff.
The guys who hosted me a few days ago offered me a couch in Machyntllath for tonight too, so I came back here, resting a bit after my last hilly day, before I hit the coastline.
Today was cold, windy, wet, hilly, but for some unknown reason it was also my longest distance, and the quickest ride as well. As the bridge at Penrhyndeudraeth was closed I couldn't change too much on my way back, but I still found some interesting segments on my first day - WITHOUT pushing my bike up any hills!
After the empty roads on the weekdays, today I had the chance to join to a convoy of cyclists twice, and share a few thoughts. It was good.




A ship instead of sheep




THE SHEEP THING

Dear population of sheep in Wales,

I know that one of my previous posts was a bit harsh; I said I was bored of seeing you around me all the time. I want to apologize for that sudden aggression. 
You have to know that I am one of you. My nickname, Racka, comes from my surname in Serbian+the the Hungarian -ka ending which means 'junior'. But after having dreadlocks and meeting a band called Rackajam I found out that my name actually belongs to a traditional Hungarian breed of sheep, as well.
I am attaching the only document that proves that I did cycle all the way to the Hungarian-Slovenian-Austrian triple border just to see you sheep. (I was very happy, but my cyclist friend Edina smiled instead of me, because I was too deeply touched to show it on the surface.) 



No comments:

Post a Comment