The Cause

As the last chapter of my time spent in Wales I'll be doing a 10 day long sponsored cycle (5-15 May) round the country (approx. 1000 kilometres) to support Tŷ Hafan, a Wales based charity.

They offer comfort, care and support to life-limited children, young people and their families, helping them make the most of the time they have left together.

You can sponsor my round-trip in Wales here:

https://www.justgiving.com/jozsefracz

Tuesday 29 April 2014

Tandem

traffic jam in Romania (2007)

In a previous post I mentioned  The Bards of Wales by János Arany which is all the knowledge that Hungarian kids have of the country. Using my travels and this blog in tandem, I've found a goal which is as important as my fundraising. I would like to give a little more information, on top of the bard poem, to anyone who doesn't know much about Wales. 
This region really deserves to be part of a wider international discussion, as a secret corner of the islands of Europe.
Besides this blog I have published a few comments about my impressions of the British world in Képes Ifjúság, a youth magazine based in Serbia, and will report on the trip and the (so far really positive) experience of fundraising in Press Szó, an online magazine for young journalists.

There is a fellow cyclist from my home town, I just call him Spiritleader. 
He and I didn't have many chances to cycle together, but when we did manage to hit the road, it was always like being in a very bright dream, pedalling away from reality into the haze.
illustration by EdE Sinkovics
As he wanted to join me this time, too, I'm  inviting him here on my blog for a tandem cycle with his blog, the site of his latest book, Cycling with Zoli the Turk!

No comments:

Post a Comment