The Cause

As the last chapter of my time spent in Wales I'll be doing a 10 day long sponsored cycle (5-15 May) round the country (approx. 1000 kilometres) to support Tŷ Hafan, a Wales based charity.

They offer comfort, care and support to life-limited children, young people and their families, helping them make the most of the time they have left together.

You can sponsor my round-trip in Wales here:

https://www.justgiving.com/jozsefracz

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Countdown


The final countdown started yesterday - two more weeks before the proper pedalling starts.
As there is not much time left, I decided to do cycle sessions around Cardiff every day as warm-up training.
Yesterday I rolled up to Barry.

Googlemaps said it was 10 miles away and would take 1 hour by bike. Pff, Google underestimated me - or so I thought. I was wrong.
The way to Barry was UUUUUUUp  'n downhill. Thankfully, there were a few hundred metres when the terrain was quite flat. I remember two of these stretches.
One was between Lavernock and Sully. There I had a feeling, a sort of flashback, from when I was in Serbia, on my way from Moravica to Kishegyes. I am on my way home from a wedding party, hung-over, feeling like a blossoming tree, sweating out the past, and breathing in a memory with every curve.
Fruska Gora and the white smoke of Kovin
Later, heading from Barry to the Knap beach, the town with all its closed down shops, and a street with all the too-colourful petrol stations/car services look like a mix of the crumbling industrial zone of Kovin in Serbia and the tax-free Andorra`s "petrol avenue".
But these are just minutes, and then I'm Running Up The Hill again.

No comments:

Post a Comment